The 74HC4051 is a single-pole octal-throw analog switch (SP8T) suitable for use in analog or digital 8:1 multiplexer/demultiplexer applications.
The switch features three digital select inputs (S0, S1 and S2), eight independent inputs/outputs (Yn), a common input/output (Z) and a digital enable input (E).
When E is HIGH, the switches are turned off.
Inputs include clamp diodes.
This enables the use of current limiting resistors to interface inputs to voltages in excess of VCC.
- Voltage range from -5 V to +5 V
- Complies with JEDEC standard no. 7A
- Low ON resistance:
- 80 ohm (typical) at VCC – VEE = 4.5 V
- 70 ohm(typical) at VCC – VEE = 6.0 V
- 60 ohm(typical) at VCC – VEE = 9.0 V
- Logic level translation : to enable 5 V logic to communicate with±5 V analog signals
- Typical ‘break before make’ built-in