The LM3886 is a high-performance audio power amplifiercapable of delivering 68W of continuous average power to a4Ω load and 38W into 8Ω with 0.1% THD+N from20Hz–20kHz.
The performance of the LM3886, utilizing its Self Peak In-stantaneous Temperature (˚Ke) (SPiKecuitry, puts it in a class above discrete and hybrid amplifiersby providing an inherently, dynamically protected Safe Op-erating Area (SOA).
SPiKe protection means that theseparts are completely safeguarded at the output against ov-ervoltage, undervoltage, overloads, including shorts to thesupplies, thermal runaway, and instantaneous temperaturepeaks.
The LM3886 maintains an excellent signal-to-noise ratio ofgreater than 92dB with a typical low noise floor of 2.0µV.
It exhibits extremely low THD+N values of 0.03% at the ratedoutput into the rated load over the audio spectrum, andprovides excellent linearity with an IMD (SMPTE) typicalrating of 0.004%.
- 68W cont. avg. output power into 4Ω at VCC = ±28V
- 38W cont. avg. output power into 8Ω at VCC = ±28V
- 50W cont. avg. output power into 8Ω at VCC = ±35V
- 135W instantaneous peak output power capability
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio ≥ 92dB
- An input mute function
- Output protection from a short to ground or to the supplies via internal current limiting circuitry
- Output over-voltage protection against transients from inductive loads
- Supply under-voltage protection
- 11-lead TO-220 package
- Wide supply range 20V – 94V