The ICL8038 waveform generator is a monolithic integrated circuit capable of producing high accuracy sine, square, triangular, sawtooth and pulse waveforms with a minimum of external components.
The frequency (or repetition rate) can be selected externally from 0.001Hz to more than 300kHz using either resistors or capacitors, and frequency modulation and sweeping can be accomplished with an external voltage.
The ICL8038 is fabricated with advanced monolithic technology, using Schottky barrier diodes and thin film resistors, and the output is stable over a wide range of temperature and supply variations.
These devices may be interfaced with phase locked loop circuitry to reduce temperature drift to less than 250ppm/oC.
- Low Frequency Drift with Temperature : 250ppm/oC
- Low Distortion : 1% (Sine Wave Output)
- High Linearity : 0.1% (Triangle Wave Output)
- Wide Frequency Range : 0.001Hz to 300kHz
- Variable Duty Cycle : 2% to 98%
- High Level Outputs : TTL to 28V