The SNx4HC165 DIP16 Through Hole devices are 8-bit parallel-load shift registers that, when clocked, shift the data toward a serial (QH) output.
Parallel-in access to each stage is provided by eight individual direct data (A−H) inputs that are enabled by a low level at the shift/load (SH/LD) input.
The SNx4HC165 devices also feature a clock-inhibit (CLK INH) function and a complementary serial (QH) output.
Clocking is accomplished by a low-to-high transition of the clock (CLK) input while SH/LD is held high and CLK INH is held low.
The functions of CLK and CLK INH are interchangeable.
Because a low CLK and a low-to-high transition of CLK INH also accomplish clocking, CLK INH must be changed to the high level only while CLK is high.
Parallel loading is inhibited when SH/LD is held high.
While SH/LD is low, the parallel inputs to the register are enabled independently of the levels of the CLK, CLK INH, or serial (SER) inputs.
- Package : DIP16 Through Hole
- Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
- Outputs Can Drive Up to 10 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption, 80-µA Maximum
- Typical t = 13 ns
- ±4-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 µA Maximum
- Complementary Outputs
- Direct Overriding Load (Data) Inputs
- Gated Clock Inputs
- Parallel-to-Serial Data Conversion