The CD4511 BCD to seven segment latch/decoder/driver is constructed with complementary MOS (CMOS) enhancement mode devices and NPN bipolar output drivers in a single monolithic structure.
The circuit provides thefunctions of a 4-bit storage latch, an 8421 BCD to seven segment decoder, and an output drive capability.
Lamp test(LT), blanking (BI), and latch enable (LE) inputs are used totest the display, to turn-off or pulse modulate the brightnessof the display, and to store a BCD code, respectively.
It can be used with seven segment light emitting diodes (LED), incandescent, fluorescent, gas discharge, or liquid crystal readouts either directly or indirectly.
- Package : DIP16
- Low logic circuit power dissipationn
- High current sourcing outputs (up to 25 mA)
- Latch storage of code
- Blanking input
- Lamp test provision
- Readout blanking on all illegal input combinations
- Lamp intensity modulation capability
- Time share (multiplexing) facility
- Equivalent to Motorola MC14511