A simple but very useful module which uses a potential divider to reduce any input voltage by a factor of 5.
This allows you to use the analogue input of a microcontroller to monitor voltages much higher than it capable of sensing.
For example with a 0-5V analogue input range you are able to measure a voltage up to 25V.
The module also includes convenient screw terminals for easy and secure connection of wires.
This module is based on principle of resistive voltage divider design, can make the red terminal connector input voltage to 5 times smaller
Arduino analog input voltages up to 5 v, the voltage detection module input voltage not greater than 5Vx5=25V (if using 3.3V systems, input voltage not greater than 3.3Vx5=16.5V).
Arduino AVR chips have 10-bit AD, so this module simulates a resolution of 0.00489V (5V/1023), so the minimum voltage of input voltage detection module is 0.00489Vx5=0.02445V.
- Input voltage : 25v DC max
- Divider ratio : 5:1
- Output voltage : 5v DC (input/5 input*0.2)
- Output Current : 600mA (MAX)
- Voltage detection range : DC0.02445V – 25V
- Voltage analog resolution : 0.00489 V
- Output Interface :
- “+ ” connected 5/3.3V
- “-” connected GND
- “s” connected Arduino AD pins
- Size : 25mm x 13mm / 0.98″ x 0.51″